Effective consumer protection is crucial for creating a fair, transparent and competitive market. One of the priorities of the strategy is to ensure that the consumers access safe goods that comply with mandatory requirements.
To stimulate production models that can meet the needs and new requirements of consumers, the new was proposed:
- define the responsibility of the producer or seller to ensure that the goods meet the requirements and are suitable for their intended use
- to ensure that consumers have the opportunity, including through the state information resource in the field of consumer protection, to obtain information about licenses, certificates and other documents confirming compliance with the requirements of the legislation of the Russian Federation, as well as their quality and technical characteristics
- to promote the social responsibility of producers, including in cases where the producer became aware of risk factors associated with the use of poor quality products produced by him (after the goods entered the market), immediately notify the relevant authorities, public and consumers
- take measures to prevent the circulation of products containing inaccurate labelling information and counterfeit products that pose a threat to the health and safety of consumers and the environment, as well as reduce consumer confidence in the market
- take appropriate measures to ensure the market entry of safe goods (works, services), including through the development of regulatory legal base concerning the safety and quality of goods, which should be periodically reviewed to ensure their compliance with generally accepted international norms;
The strategy aims to improve the consumer protection by strengthening its material and technical basis for conducting highly accurate research and examination and by implementing international standards.
The exchange of information on prohibited or exempted goods, as well as on goods subject to severe restrictions, enables importing countries to protect consumers from harm.